Thursday, May 6, 2010

Coming to the End...

I just had to stop a rendering when it was clocked at 5 and a half hours...bummer. I noticed one of the materials was upside-down. No one else would have noticed, but I would have known. Don't make that mistake.

I had my last tutoring session yesterday. And the last question I had: Why is my siding on the interior of the walls of my house? It's appropriate. I've gotten that question several times and it makes me smile that that issue is still coming up to Revit beginners.

I'm going to miss tutoring. I've really enjoyed learning and teaching the newbies, especially when the students are excited to learn. To see how happy people get when they, for instance, get their roofs to attach to the walls or see a camera view for the first time. I learned a lot this semester. I had more students come in for tutoring then any other semester and I think that's awesome. I'd estimate I had at least one person for 80 percent of my tutoring hours. There isn't an official Revit class offered at my university and I love seeing people take the initiative to learn.

It's unlikely there will be anymore posts to this blog as I won't have Revit on my computer post-graduation. I'll leave it up for the students for a while at least. And feel free to send comments. There's a lot of material I didn't cover in my twenty-three posts and I'm more than willing to share. Of course, if I were to find a job in which they used Revit....any employer's out there? I've got mad skills. Or if any professor needs a TA for Revit and AutoCAD, let me know.

I suppose I can use all my free-time to finally learn SketchUp. Bleh.

By the way, if your siding is appearing on the interior of the wall, go to the floor plan, select the wall, and click on the blue arrows to flip the wall. Also, double check that you are adding the material to the exterior side of the wall in the structure and not the interior side.

Senior show is in one week. Maybe I'll do a post about that, just because I can. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment